Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution pertains to hoarding and/or sharing specific content on a hosting server managed by a website hosting supplier. There are different groups of hosting services used for different goals, so let's survey them. Doing so, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to have a site, e-mail aliases, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various providers, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file storage solutions frequently involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given period of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file storage account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable interpretation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would distribute the workload between separate stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving different website hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a brand of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some providers offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share an enormous number of pics with buddies or acquaintances since the service is typically free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail address accounts. Some suppliers provide web hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an email service. If you would like to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to possess a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video creates a specific amount of CPU load, so with several videos and several hundred site visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to use as many video clips as you want to without hassling about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to run a web site. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mail accounts, upload video clips, etc. At WebHostNinja, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the usual email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular web content only.